- Apr 14 2021
- 10:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Invite to share the issues pertaining to Food & Safety ,Production Linked Incentives (PLI) Scheme
We are pleased to invite you to share the issues in reference to these topics which we can discuss with EEG and can be taken-up during the working group session on April 14, 2021, issues will be covered are: follow-up on previous outreach activities with the Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI); the Production Linked Incentives (PLI) Scheme; and issues related to market access barrier issues related to wine. Request you to please share your inputs latest by 9th April 2021.
Last year status:
As a reminder, the European Economic Group (EEG) conducted an outreach with FSSAI last year, wherein the following issues were raised:
- The import of cheese products containing microbial rennet;
- Delays in obtaining Sanitary Import Permits (SIP) for the import of dairy products from the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries (DAHDF);
- Lack of standards on chocolates containing alcoholic liqueurs;
- Lack of standards for yeasts as natural flavourings;
- Issues pertaining to labeling and packaging standards (falling under the ambit of FSSAI);
- Issues pertaining to the application process for proprietary foods (food and beverage products for which FSSAI standards do not exist).
As we further extend our outreach to FSSAI, we would like to request you to verify with you if you have any specific FSSAI standards challenges related to these products, or indeed on any other categories of food and beverage products. We would be pleased to bring any additional issues raised by you to the attention of FSSAI.
Problem statement is as attached in reference to all the topics specified.