Release 13- Year V March 2023
- CaixaBank posts a profit of €3.15 billion in 2022, up 29.7% on a like-for-like basis, driven by commercial strength and integration synergies
The CaixaBank Board of Directors will propose to the General Shareholders Meeting the payment of a dividend totalling €0.23 per share against 2022 earnings, up 58% on the previous year, which represents a payout of 55% to be distributed in the second quarter of 2023.
- Saudi Arabia signs deal with Navantia to build multi-mission combat ships
With the presence and patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Minister of Defense, and Her Excellency Mrs. Reyes Maroto Illera, Minister of Industry of Spain, the Ministry of Defense and the General Authority for Military Industries signed a memorandum of understanding with the Spanish company Navantia to acquire and build a number of multi-mission combat ships for the Royal Saudi Naval Force.
- Talgo rises 7% on the stock market and beats maximums in seven months by supplying 10 trains to Le Train
Support for Talgo. The train manufacturer has positioned itself as one of the most bullish companies on the Spanish stock market this Tuesday, since its listing price has skyrocketed by 7% and has reached maximums since June. The reason? It has won a contract in France to supply 10 high-speed trains to Le Train , a French private operator that obtained its license to operate on the rail network of that country on December 24, 2022. In information sent to the National Commission of the Stock Market (CNMV), the listed company maintains that “the signing and entry into force of the contract continues pending the completion of the negotiations currently in progress.”
- Gestamp acquires a strategic stake in Gescrap to enhance its ESG plan
Gestamp, a multinational specialized in the design, development and manufacture of highly engineered metal components for the automobile industry, acquires a 33.3% stake in the Gescrap Group.
Prosegur Cash posts a 185% rise in consolidated profit to €94 million
Prosegur Cash has concluded a strong 2022 financial year, with revenues of €1,872 million and a more than 28% improvement in organic growth. EBITA totalled €260 million, up by 26.8%.
- Nexdigm: Union Budget 2023: Accelerate. Advance. Ascend.
India remains steadfast on its course for progress. Despite the global geo-political and economic crises, India’s economic growth for the current year is estimated at 7%, the highest among major economies. With the world at the precipice of a recession and amidst rising inflation, Hon’ble Finance Minister (FM) Nirmala Sitharam presented Union Budget 2023-24, the first one in the Amrit Kaal (period from 75-100 years of Independence). She envisions a technology-driven and knowledge-based economy with strong public finances and a robust financial sector for Amrit Kaal. The Budget adopts seven priorities or ‘Saptarishi’ guiding us through the Amrit Kaal, driving sustainable growth and inclusive development.
- KMAFICS India adopts an Old Age Home
KMAFICS India along with its group companies have taken the initiative and adopted an old age home in Maharashtra in association with SMMLKDS Aji Ajoba Seva Kendra, Pune, Shri Madan Mohan Lal Khullar Dharmarth Sanstha (SMMLKDS) and Rotary Club of Koregaon Park.The memorial was inaugurated by Mr. Ajaya Khullar (Founder Director, KMAFICS India) and Mr. Satish Deshchougale (President, Rotary Club of Koregaon Park). KMAFICS in addition to this also provided the Old Age Home with a state-of-the-art ambulance which has eased the movement of inhabitants incase of an emergency.
- Noida International Airport: Greater Noida’s Jewar Airport likely opening date revealed, luxury hotel, metro to be built
- No “Family Photo” At G20 Meet In Delhi. Here’s Why
- Taxpayers in India warned of surge in cyber fraud cases offering fake tax refunds
- India’s UPI may soon be available in UAE, Mauritius and Indonesia after Singapore
- UIDAI steps up security with upgraded fingerprint-based Aadhaar authentication
- SBI raises Rs 3,717cr from its third AT1 bond sale
- Spain to extend seasonal migrant workers programme to Senegal
- Can deepen ties with India in green energy: Spain V-P
- Independent UN experts laud Spain for enacting new feminist laws
- Tata considers Spain, UK for EV battery plant, report says
- Spanish construction giant headquartering in Netherlands causes uproar
- Spain imposes wide-reaching 40% gender quota from 2026
Government India/Spain – New notifications
- India Govt. Tenders
- Cess, surcharge collections rose 133% between FY’18 and FY’23
- 66 big infra projects worth Rs 5 lakh crore recommended for approval under PM GatiShakti
- India GDP Q3 News Updates: GDP growth slows to 4.4 per cent in Q3, FY23 GDP growth estimated at 7%; FY22 GDP growth rate revised to 9.1%
Past & Next Events
- Event -ISCC organized the National Day of Spain on 12th Oct’2022
- Event – ISCC shared the invitation by Laliga to watch El Classico in Mumbai on 16th Oct’2022
- Event – ISCC participated and had representation in the National Spanish Day in Mumbai on 18th Oct’2022
- Event – ISCC attended WHITE-DINNER Party by Austrian Embassy on 19th Oct’2022
- Event – ISCC was invited by EU Chambers for Seminar on “Business Opportunities in Salalah Free Zone- Oman” on 19th Oct’2022
- Event – ISCC sponsored and offered members discount to participate in Global Leadership Summit by Logos Management club on 5th Nov’2022
- Event – ISCC participated in Jobs we make 2022 an event organised by “La Caixa” Foundation & Development Alternatives on 24th Nov’2022.
- Event – ISCC organized networking event in collaboration with ICICI Bank about “Strengthening Spain-India Partnership” on 2nd Dec’2022
- Screening – ISCC coordinated SPAIN vs MOROCCO football match screening for the Indo Spanish Community in Delhi on 6th Dec’2022
- Event – ISCC organized Christmas Lunch in Delhi on 9th Dec’2022
- Event – ISCC was invited to the Sweden – India Nobel Memorial
- Webinar – ISCC joined Business Breakfast on Business Opportunities in India by Camara Zaragoza on 15th Dec’2022
- EU Meeting -ISCC participated in 2nd Governing Board meeting of EU Chambers held on 20th Dec’2022.
- Webinar – ISCC shared the invitation of CII for National Conference on Millets: Ensuring Climate Adaptation, Nutrition and Food Security on 18th Jan’23
- Business Breakfast: – ISCC organizes the Business Breakfast on 10th Feb’23
- Quarterly Meeting – ISCC quarterly meeting was held on 10th February 2023
- Event – ISCC joined for dinner organized by EFE News with the Hispanic world by honorary speakers: Mr. Sanjay Verma (Secretary (West) Ministry of External Affairs of India and former Ambassador of India in Spain), Mr. José María Ridao -Ambassador of Spain in India, Ms. Gabriela Cañas – EFE News President, Mr. Moncho Torres -India & South Asia Bureau Chief EFE News held on 16th Feb’23.
- Dinner Party – ISCC Members are invited to attend the 10th Anniversary Celebration of Accuracy India on 22nd Feb’2023
- Webinar – ISCC was part of Fedecom General Assembly held on 28th Feb’23.
- Event – ISCC was participated in joint invitation from the Mr. Jan Thesleff (The Ambassador of Sweden to India) and Mr. Ugo Astuto ( The Ambassador of the European Union to India) to the informative event about Federation of European Business in India (FEBI) on 7th Mar’2023
The Indo-Spanish Chamber of Commerce is a private, non-profit organization where Spanish and Indian business firms exchange knowledge and experience on how best to confront the challenges of operating in India. Working together, the Chamber helps its members to connect their business with other businesses and with opportunities. Endorsed by the Spanish Government, the Chamber enhances economic ties between Spain and India.