Release 8 – Year II February 2021
- ISCC on economic ties between Spanish and Indian business communities ISCC held a Webinar on “Accelerating Digital Transformation: Synergies between Spain and India”
- GILCO GLOBAL: Going Up! Giving a lift to mobility in India Some six years ago Indian mobility solutions company Gilco Global was born out of an alliance with Spanish vertical transportation provider Orona. Here, General Director Aman Moudgil and Managing Director Deepak Moudgil recount the origins of the company and fill us in on the state of the mobility sector in India today
- ICICI Bank has recently launched a new portal This contains rich information on various aspects of starting a new business in India by an MNC. It also allows incoming MNCs to link up with service providers for various services required.
- The Double success of Spanish Football in India The landing of numerous professionals has made LaLiga the leading European tournament on social media in the second most populous country in the world and the Indian Super League in the foreign competition with the most coaches in Spain. This is his story.
- Diversity & Inclusion Series: Women’s Participation in the Workforce Fast forward to the year 2020. In India, women’s participation in the workforce is 20%, out of which only 8% is from the formal sector. (Source: McKinsey report). With this, women automatically become classified as “Diversity that has to be added”
- Delhi, Bengaluru emerge as hot spots for e-commerce jobs: Report Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai emerge as the demand hot spots, accounting for 53% of the total demand on an average, when it comes to generating demand for top talent in e-commerce, as per Catenon India ‘Decoding Talent in E-commerce Report 2021’.
- Hiring Forecast 2021 Immense positives have emerged in the midst of well documented gloom and tragedies. Adoption on new ways of doing business and technology adoption have been embraced wholeheartedly. Organisational lethargy and bureaucracy have been cast aside for once, in the effort to survive and remain relevant in the future. The human spirit has overcome doomsday economic prophecies, as it has always done. With the current fiscal year in undisputed disarray, businesses have clearly focused on forward looking initiatives, which will ensure that the investments made today will be recouped in several multiples, in the mid and long term. These are the tides that will determine the way the hiring waves will continue to break in 2021.
- Corporate Learning for C-Suite: 5 Skills to Stay Relevant in 2021 In 2021, leaders will need to understand the sources and manifestations of business uncertainty and arrive upon the best integrated strategy to address it.
- INDIA: Huge potential subject to great challenges Spanish Commercial Information Bulletin dedicated to India that have been coordinated from the Economic and Commercial Office of Spain in India.
- BirdGroup: Launch your travel business with Birdres a B2B distribution channel with a single window solution for all the travel needs. In this newsletter, we are delighted to introduce you to the widest range of travel based products and auxiliary services
- Ebro foods become a waste warrior brand Ebro Foods has joined the Waste Warrior Brand initiative, promoted by “Too Good To Go”, an international platform that is committed to the fight against food waste. The Group’s participation is part of its Sustainability Plan “RUMBO A 2030”, specifically within the scope of its 0 WASTE goal, which includes, among other actions, donations to food banks, reuse of surpluses and raising awareness in society about the negative impact of food waste on the environment.
- Ebro’s proposal for Dividends distribution in 20121 The global payment of ordinary and extraordinary dividends of Ebro Foods in 2020 has been 386.19 million euros. In order to continue with its shareholder remuneration policy, the Ebro’s Board of Directors has proposed the distribution of an ordinary dividend of 0.57 euros gross per share to pay throughout the year 2021.
- “Elevate the plate “ The New Tildas Campaign Ebro Foods’ Tilda rice brand has launched its biggest advertising investment with a new steamed rice campaign, under the slogan “Elevate your plate”, which highlights the versatility of this category.
- Delivered most planes to India in 2020: Airbus India has seen among the fastest revival of domestic air travel globally after countries started allowing it by following Covid protocol, thanks to Airbus who delivered -57- aircrafts to Indian carriers in 2020.
- Twitter Excellence Award Abertis – Fundación Consejo España-Índia JEPL concession in India has been awarded by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways @MORTH India as the best concession in the country in terms of RoadSafety standards.
- High stakes as India vows to unveil a Budget like no other
- Vaccination plan for an ailing Indian economy: Job creation agenda needs a rese
- India keen on investment, trade talks with European Union
- Overseas investment by Indian companies dips 42% to $1.45 billion, in December: RBI data
- Tokyo Olympics 2021 India Medal List
- India lost more than a year’s worth of growth; can’t afford to go on a debt binge
- Economy to rebound sharply in FY22 on account of reforms: Government
- Initiative to connect innovation and startups ecosystems between Europe & India
- COVAX to distribute more than 330 million COVID vaccines through June
- Spain launches low-cost bullet train between Madrid and Barcelona
- “Spain Can” in the face of the social and ecological emergency?
- Unemployment rate stable in December
- Spain will be open to tourists by spring tourism minister says
Government India/Spain – New notifications
- Setting up of 1 GW solar plants along the Railway tracks on Railway Land in various states under Tariff Based Competitive Bidding Formerly uploaded on CPPP with Tender ID 2020 RITES 51983 1
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways||P6 Delhi – MoRTH||RO Mumbai – MoRTH||NH Division-Nagpur – MoRTH
- Collection and disposal of used oil and waste oil from merchant vessels at Haldia Dock Complex
- M and R to NH-63 Repairs to bridge, footpath and handrails, Bridge Ch. 6.984, Ch. 8.315, Ch. 9.819, Ch. 16.225, Ch. 32.329, Ch. 34.190, Ch. 38.727, Ch. 103.968, Ch. 105.630 and construction of CC drain from Km. 66.00 to 67.00 (L/S) selected reaches
- The CDTI approves aid of 38 million euros for 50 business R&D projects 3 approved projects are related to the health emergency caused by COVID-19.
- The Ministry of Science and Innovation commits nearly 83 million euros to the final resolution of the CDTI’s Science and Innovation Missions call
Past & Next Events
- Webinar – ISCC joined the 8th EEG (European Economic Group) Working Group meeting where various issues were discussed for SEZ’s (Special Economic Zone) on taxation and GST implementation processes, other issues based on Pharma sector, held on 3rd Dec
- Global Leadership Summit – hosted by Logos Management Club where ISCC was associated and in partnership. ISCC logo was included in leaflets and members got a special offer discount to participate, held on 12th Dec
- Web Launch – ISCC participated in the launch of India’s Economic Diplomacy website www.indbiz.gov.in by Dr. S. Jaishankar, Hon’ble Minister of External Affairs, on 16th Dec
- Christmas Toast – to meet and greet the members of ISCC on the occasion of Christmas, held on 18th Dec
- Covid-19 permanent observatory – for Spanish companies operating in India – Video-conference with Mr. Sanjay Verma, Ambassador of India in Spain , to discuss and analyze the situation of Spanish companies operating in India during Covid19, and the opinion about the various recent policy initiatives by GoI, including Atmanirbhar Bharat, on 10th Sept by ISCC
- Webinar – Business Support Sessions: EU Excellence in India to give room for discussion with and among businesses of the programme co-created by and for EU green business champions in India, held on 19th Jan by EBTC (European Business and Technology Centre)
- Closed door Interaction – EEG Information Exchange Session for further improving the business advocacy mechanisms in India supported and created by the EEG on 20th Jan
- Workshop – EU-India Aviation Cluster – ‘UAS Regulatory Framework – Opportunities and Challenges for the Drones Industry’ held on 21st Jan by EBTC
- Workshop – on ‘Business Advocacy in India at an EU level’ where we got a chance to interact with Mr. Jörg Wuttke, President, EU Chamber of Commerce in China, he shared his insights on business advocacy and the need for EU business support organizations to collaborate, on 28th Jan by EEG
- Meeting – President ISCC had a VC with Cámara España, as a kick-off meeting for the project Conexion España, for which ISCC President would act as promoter, on 28th Jan
- Video Conference – The Minister of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation of Spain, Arancha Gonzalez invited President ISCC Mr. Oscar Esteban to participate in the presentation of the Spain-India 2020 Report. ISCC has collaborated with Fundación Consejo España-India and has been instrumental in arriving at the Spain-India report, on 1st Feb
- Group Session – EEG 09 & SME 03 Working Group Session focusing on the Union Budget 2021 to to gather insights on the priority areas highlighted by the Participants, to be held on 10th Feb by EEG.
- Meeting – President of ISCC to join for FEDECOM General Assembly to be held on 11th Feb organised by FEDECOM (Federation of Official Chambers of Commerce of Spain in Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania)
- Webinar – Union Budget 2021-22 announced on 1st Feb against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, to be held on 11th Feb by ISCC in collaboration with AL Consulting.
- Quarterly Meeting – ISCC quarterly meeting to be held on 26th Feb
- Webinar – ‘New Labour Law Regime – What to expect & Key Changes’ to be held on 18th Mar by ISCC in collaboration with Khaitan & Co.
The Indo-Spanish Chamber of Commerce is a private, non-profit organization where Spanish and Indian business firms exchange knowledge and experience on how best to confront the challenges of operating in India. Working together, the Chamber helps its members to connect their business with other businesses and with opportunities. Endorsed by the Spanish Government, the Chamber enhances economic ties between Spain and India.