- Indo Spanish Chamber of Commerce Survey Reveals the impact of Covid 19 on companies operating in India The Indo-Spanish Chamber of Commerce (ISCC), the official Chamber of Spain in India, announced findings from a survey evaluating the impact of Covid 19 on the companies with business interests across India. According to the survey, business performance has been negatively impacted and companies are facing more than one challenge in fighting against the adverse effects of Covid 19.
- CaixaBank, recognised as a leading bank in foreign trade financing solutions by the IFC (World Bank Group) CaixaBank has been named the Best Confirming Bank 2019 in the Global Trade Finance Awards FY2019, by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a company of the World Bank Group. These awards, this year in their ninth edition, recognise leading companies in terms of foreign trade.
- Bird Group’s luxury hospitality chain Roseate Hotels & Resorts is pleased to announce The Roseate Ganges, Rishikesh located in Rishikesh, India reopens (after a hiatus due to the pandemic) with ‘Care by Roseate’ – Touchless Hospitality and utmost safety standards.
- Gilco Global: Offering Elevators with the Latest Technology and Innovative Designs The biggest USPs which Gilco Global extends for the Indian market is that ORONA; being a 100% European product conforms to EN 81 lift standard which is one of the most evolved lift standard in the world with great emphasis on passenger safety and comfort. With in-house manufacturing, installation & maintenance support, they assure their customers with high quality solutions tailored to suit their requirements.
- Minerva Landaulette car, 1933, which recently won the People’s Vote award in the Cars of the Art Deco Era category at the first-ever global Concours Virtual. The car belongs to the collection of Adv. Diljit Titus who is the Founder and Chairman of Titus Consulting LLP.
- Ebro: Turnover up 23% to €1,669.4 Million The pandemic has continued favouring our sales in the second quarter while raising our operating costs, owing to the extraordinary measures required to meet demand in due time and form Ebro India’s Hands For Humanity, A Campaign To Provide Food Aid To Underprivileged Families.
- Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are world football’s most valuable brands. CHENNAI: The two most valuable clubs in all of world footbal play in LaLiga according to the 2020 Brand Finance Football report.
- Early bird will rake-in in private trains, says Talgo; plans India manufacturing Spanish train manufacturer Talgo has said Indian Railways’ move to offer train operations to private players is a win-win for all and the early bird into the business would make a lot of money given the size of the market and projected rise in passenger volume.
- COVID-19 Impacts: Cash Logistics Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR of over 10% through 2020-2024 | Growing Global Banknote Market to Boost Growth | Technavio The #Global Cash Logistics Market will grow by USD 16.79 bn during 2020-2024, according to @Technavio.
- Rhenus opens sustainably-powered warehouse in Gurugram Rhenus Logistics has opened a new warehouse in Gurugram, India, to support its logistics operations in Asia and Asia-Pacific. The 32,500 sq m facility, which is the company’s 69th in India, features rooftop solar panels for sustainable power and water recycling technologies. It also has 30,000 pallet spaces, 19 loading gates and 24-hour security protection.
- Catenon brings in former Microland executive Lakshmi Sridhar to lead South India operations. Tech-based global talent search firm Catenon has announced its expansion to Bengaluru, further strengthening its presence in south India.
- Catenon expands into talent consulting, brings on board senior Urban Company executive Catenon offers several talent acquisition and consulting solutions including executive search, interim management, international search, project hiring, RPO, talent intelligence, assessments, etc.
- 8 in 10 manufacturing professionals willing to migrate for professional opportunities The report is aimed at providing critical insights to help decision makers set up or expand in India, and provides an industry-wise deep dive into 11 varied sectors and their subsectors. Findings are from large manufacturing industries including automotive, building materials, chemicals, electrical and electronics, engineering and
- Vistara receives its first A321neo aircraft with flat-bed business class Vistara, a joint venture between TATA group and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA), took delivery of its first Airbus A321neo aircraft in New Delhi today. The aircraft, arriving from Airbus’ final assembly lines in Hamburg, Germany, features India’s most advanced aircraft cabin in the sky with fully flat beds in business class.
- Demand returns, 60% of our outlets are up and running: Roca MD The Indian subsidiary of Spanish sanitaryware maker Roca used to invest ₹100 crore on capex every year. This year, the COVID-19 pandemic has affected its business. However, the company expects to bounce back by October and its expansion plan is on track
Past & Next Events
- Webinar – “Covid-19, lockdown and its effects on companies operating in India” on April 11th May by PSL Advocates and Solicitors
- Online Networking Tea meeting – “Covid-19 crisis and its impact on key areas like IT talent, education & economic stimulus” on 28th May with Barcelona- Spain India Club
- Virtual round table – “Financing as a Catalyst for the Internationalization of SMEs” on June 11th by EBTC (European Business &Technology Centre)
- Webinar – – Challenges faced by European Businesses due to COVID-19 Pandemic” on June 17th by EU- India
- Online ISCC Quarterly member meeting – on June 26th
- Webinar – “Risks and Opportunities of Covid19 Healthcare Material Trade in India”, on July 7th by Economic & Commercial Office Mumbai
- Webinar – “The potential impact of India’s new Personal Data Protection Regime and how to plan for it?” on July 10th by European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC)
- Webinar – – “Implementation partner of the Business Support to the EU-India Policy Dialogues Project is launching an EU-India Aviation Cluster” on July 16th by European Business and Technology Centre
- Webinar – “Macro-economic outlook India and Global: Build-up of a “perfect storm” on July 17th by ICICI Bank Limited.
- Closed door Interaction – “Interaction with NHAI/ MORTH: EU Excellence in India – Sustainable Mobility Opportunities and Challenges” on July 23rd by European Business and Technology Centre
- Webinar – “Launch of lecture series on the theme of ‘Governance through Dialogue’ where Hon’ble Minister of Road Transport & Highways and MSME, Shri Nitin Gadkari consented to address the European Economic Group” on July 24th by European Economic Group (EEG)
- Webinar – “India 2020 & Beyond: The Human Capital Perspective” on July 31st by Catenon Worldwide Executive search
- Webinar -“Implications of moving Abroad & Domestically post Covid-19” on Aug 21st by Interem Relocations
The aim of the Chamber is creating a forum in which sharing experiences, exchange and contacts, with the aim of promoting the economic relations between the Spanish and the Indian business communities, building and setting a framework, in which to join efforts to solve common issues, and promote the Spain brand.
Because of that, Indo Spanish Chamber of Commerce embraces Spanish companies doing business in India, other Spanish companies interested on doing business in India, and Indian firms who wish to do business with Spanish firms or in Spain.